Location: Kolkata, India
Area: 4,000 sq. ft. approx.
Calcutta South Club known as the “Wimbledon of the East” was established in Calcutta in 1920 and is also known as the “Cradle of the game (Lawn Tennis) in the country”.
The early 20th century had an eclectic feel and drew aesthetic elements from Georgian, Medieval and Tudor styles. Profuse natural light, well ventilated rooms and simplicity of details were the key principles of the interior décor.
The décor of the club has fresh and light colours, geometrical patterns with contrasting chequered flooring which imparts an informal and cheerful feel and keeps the colonial hangover alive.